Having a functional swimming pool on your property comes with several benefits. It boosts the curb appeal of the property and serves as a relaxation spot during hot seasons. The swimming pool area of your home can act as a spot where you host friends and family. With this, you are guaranteed to boost the value of your home, says Archer Management Group.
But over time, your pool may appear out of date. When this happens, you may have a feeling of displeasure. The good news is that you can fix this by remodeling your pool.
There are several reasons to renovate your pool:
· Worn out material: The tiles, lighting, and decking undergo wear and tear following consistent use. You need a renovation to address this issue.
· Leaks: If you notice a continuous and significant drop-off in the water level of your pool, then there is a leak that requires urgent attention.
· Dry ambiance: The pool’s appearance becomes dull when it lacks exciting features. A renovation will help you boost the aesthetics of the pool.
· Out of trend: After several years, the design of your pool becomes outdated. Upgrade it so that it will meet the latest standards.
· Old systems: When your pool has been in place for a long time, the systems start malfunctioning. You need to upgrade the mechanical systems if you want to solve this problem.
· Safety features: If your pool lacks safety features, then it requires an upgrade.
With all these in mind, you can perform a pool renovation depending on what you want to achieve or based on your contractor’s suggestion.
Below are some pool remodeling tips for you.
What type of radiance do you want for your swimming pool? Do you want it to glow in a pattern? Then consider the pool’s lighting. When you upgrade the lighting, your pool will be beautiful at night.
Consider using LED lights like the one inside your house. LED lights are energy-efficient and low-cost. You can combine different colors of LED lights in your pool to transform the appearance.
2. Change the tiles at the waterline
Over time, the tiles at the waterline will have stubborn stains that you cannot wash off. Sometimes they fade and become less appealing. We recommend that you update the waterline tiles to contemporary or modern ones. There are several options you can choose from to beautify your pool. Changing the waterline tiles is a minor remodeling project with the capacity to transform the look of your swimming pool.
3. Change the floor tiles
The swimming pool’s floor is an essential aspect of its aesthetics. Change the tiles and customize the floor if you want to boost the curb appeal. You can use mosaic tiles of various shapes and colors to create a striking image.
4. Upgrade the decking
The decking of your swimming pool is a vital area that completes the appearance. It could be below or above the ground. You can also design it to have different levels. It all depends on the type of pool you have and how you want it to appear.
5. Resurfacing or replastering
Depending on your budget, you may consider replastering or resurfacing your pool. Doing this helps to repair uneven or worn surfaces. Also, it improves the pool’s appearance.
If you have an older pool, there is a high possibility that the plastering has a simple finish. You can modernize this aspect of your pool by using finishes that have different colors. We also suggest that you add stones or quartz to boost the appearance.
6. Upgrade the system
With advancements in technology, you can upgrade your pool’s systems. Consider automating the system by adding an automatic pool cover and robotic cleaner. You can even have an all-in-one pool automation system that controls everything in your pool using your smartphone.
7. Add energy-efficient features
Maintaining a pool can add to your energy bills. For that reason, we suggest that you use energy-efficient gadgets. Consider solar-powered components, speed pool pumps, and filters that use less energy. Adding these features to your pool may qualify you for energy rebates.